Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Power of Podcasting!


Exploring the world of podcasts has opened my eyes to the endless teaching opportunities in the classroom! I realized as I perused the podcast sites, there are countless ways to incorporate this learning technique in the classroom!! One way I discovered podcasting can be useful for teaching is to utilize it for narrative stories. As a read aloud activity, it might be fun to have students follow along to a podcast of the story. At Podcast Pickle, there is an option to receive classic children's stories read as a podcast. A teacher could create visuals, or even have students act out the story, as it is being narrated through the podcast. This also allows the teacher to assist the students, rather than read the story herself. It also might peak students' interest, just to hear a new person's voice in the classroom. With podcasting, the options are endless in the classroom. I think that both students and teachers can benefit from incorporating podcasting into classroom instruction. Narrative storytelling is just one way it can be implemented!


No comments:

Post a Comment